When the weather is still reasonably warm outside, you don’t want to add to the discomfort of your apartment home’s fully equipped kitchen by preparing meals that require hot ovens and stovetop cooking. However, you don’t want to sacrifice nutritional and delicious home cooked meals at the same time. So, turn to this Chicken Taco Salad – with pre-cooked chicken from your grocery store of choice – to make a satisfying and easy dinner for your family, minus all the heat!
For the salad
- 1 large head green leaf or romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup shredded Jack cheese
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
For the dressing
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing.
- Toss all the salad ingredients, except the tortilla chips and chicken, with the dressing. Then, top the salad with the chicken.
- Gently crush the tortilla chips slightly and use to top the salad. Finally, enjoy this recipe for five people!
Magnolia Vinings Apartments in Atlanta, Georgia