Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Magnolia Vinings Apartments in Atlanta, Georgia and put our expansive kitchens to good use!
Speaking of putting your expansive kitchen to good use, are you not sure what to make for dinner tonight? It can be difficult to decide after a long day, especially if you’ve got more than one mouth to feed. Luckily, there’s one recipe option that always holds up: Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. Tasty and inexpensive, this recipe uses spices to achieve a delicious Southwestern flavor. Trust us – this is one recipe you’ll return to time and again.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Avocado and cilantro, for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the sweet potatoes on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a fork can easily be inserted into the flesh of the potatoes.
- When the sweet potatoes have about 10 minutes left, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and then add in onion. Sauté for 5 minutes until the onions begins to become translucent. Add in the spices stir and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Add the black beans to the skillet and toss to combine. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the black beans are fully heated through. About 5 minutes. Take off of heat and set aside.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done baking, let cool slightly. Once cool, cut the sweet potatoes open and shred the flesh from the skin so that the inside is mashed and easy to scoop out.
- Evenly spread the black bean mixture, avocado, cilantro, and sour cream on top of the 4 sweet potatoes. Enjoy!