Looking for your next activity? These Homemade Snow Cones are the ticket! Made with fresh, fruity flavors, this recipe is refreshing, delicious, and perfect for beating the summertime heat. Let’s face it –with the uncertainty of the pandemic, we may not be able to take comfort in our usual summer vacations, activities, or plans, and that’s okay! We just have to make our own fun in the meantime—so, why not start with this simple, refreshing recipe?
2 cups ice
1 cup raspberries (frozen or fresh)
1 cup mango (frozen or fresh)
1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
1 cup pineapple (frozen or fresh)
2-3 tablespoons sugar per fruit, depending on sweetness
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and fruit.
2. Simmer until the fruit has softened and the sugar dissolved, roughly 3-4 minutes.
3. Transfer your fruit mixture to a food processor and blend the fruit into a smooth puree. If you don't have a food processor, try passing it through a fine sieve.
4. Once pureed strain over a bowl to remove any seeds or bits from the fruit. If you find the syrup a bit too thick at this stage, thin it out with some juice or a little water.
5. Place ice cubes in a blender and pulse to create finely shaved ice. Store in the freezer, if you are not using it straight away.
6. Scoop your shaved ice into serving dish of your choice and pack it tight together. Pour over your fruit syrup and enjoy it immediately! To make a rainbow snow cone, pour your individual flavors into a squirt bottle or jug with a spout. Pour each flavor in a line across our scoop of ice, creating a rainbow effect.
Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Magnolia Vinings Apartments in Atlanta, Georgia.