Muffins, which became popular in the 19th century, are known for their moist, coarse-grained texture. They are available as a savory treat – think cornmeal or cheese muffins – or sweet varieties, much like this blueberry muffin recipe. Now, you can find muffins everywhere, from coffee shops and bakeries to a complimentary treat from your apartment community. This particular recipe for overstuffed blueberry muffins with their signature sugary crown come from the King Arthur Baking Company and are certainly worth your time and energy! Check out the ingredients list and directions below:
• 8 tablespoons (113g) butter, at room temperature
• 1 cup (198g) sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups (241g) unbleached all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup (113g) milk
• 2 1/2 cups (354g) blueberries, fresh preferred
• 1/4 cup (50g) sugar, for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees. Lightly grease a standard 12-cup muffin tin or line the tin with papers, and grease the papers.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until well combined.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl and beating well after each addition.
4. Beat in the baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
5. Add the flour alternately with the milk, beating gently just to combine. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl.
6. Mash 1/2 cup of the blueberries. Add the mashed and whole berries to the batter, stirring just to combine and distribute.
7. Scoop the batter by heaping 1/4-cupful into the prepared muffin pan, and sprinkle about 1 teaspoon granulated sugar atop each muffin.
8. Bake the muffins for about 30 minutes, until they're light golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
9. Remove the muffins from the oven, loosen their edges from the pan, and after about 5 minutes, transfer them to a rack to cool.
Bake up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Magnolia Vinings Apartments in Atlanta, Georgia, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!