Known as a Mexican specialty, the quesadilla consists of a tortilla that is filled with primarily meat, cheeses, and spices before being cooked on a griddle. Quesadillas, however, are versatile and come with many interpretations, especially in the U.S. This particular interpretation includes zesty chicken, cooked peppers, and ooey-gooey cheeses for the ultimate succulent delight. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with sour cream, salsa, or guacamole! Check out the ingredients you’ll need, as well as the directions, below!
• 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced
• 1 tablespoon bacon bits
• 1 (1.27 ounce) packet fajita seasoning
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 2 green bell peppers, chopped
• 2 red bell peppers, chopped
• 1 onion, chopped
• 10 (10-inch) flour tortillas
• 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
• 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat the broiler. Grease a baking sheet.
2. Toss the chicken with the fajita seasoning, then spread onto the baking sheet. Place under the broiler and cook until the chicken pieces are no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the green bell peppers, red bell peppers, onion, and chicken. Cook and stir until the vegetables have softened about 10 minutes.
5. Layer half of each tortilla with the chicken and vegetable mixture, then sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and Monterey Jack. Fold the tortillas in half, and place them onto a baking sheet.
6. Bake quesadillas in the preheated oven until the cheeses have melted, about 10 minutes.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Magnolia Vinings Apartments in Atlanta, Georgia, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!